Late last week, I was proud to launch a project that I have been working on for quite some time. A new non-profit named Civilian Exposure will address water contamination issues aboard Camp Lejeune, NC and other military bases around the country. The effort will promote the extension of VA benefits and health coverage to civilian Department of Defense personnel and family members directly affected by this contamination, build further awareness of the issue within the community and ultimately engage in fundraising to create college scholarships and supplemental support for other charities such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
The website was launched along with the announcement of three new Advisory Board members:
- Jane McCracken – Proventus Group – An experienced technology entrepreneur and financier with over 25 years experience in the US and Europe.
- Michael Goodsite – PhD, MBA – Currently Head of Department of the Aarhus University Department with focus on Business, Technology and Communication in Herning, Denmark.
- Patrick Hogan – NASA – Head of NASA World Wind and manager of other NASA open-source projects since 2002, incubating competitive technologies to deliver scientific content.
For more information, visit the website at www.civilianexposure.org.
Follow Civilian Exposure on –
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CivilianExposureOrg
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/CivilianExposed
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+CivilianexposureOrg
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/civilian-exposure/
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/civilianexposure
- Hashtag: #CivilianExposure